ADSM-L

Re: What is volume status of Pending?

2015-10-04 18:15:42
Subject: Re: What is volume status of Pending?
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at TISDMAIL
Date: 5/26/96 5:47AM
Great answer.  You covered it in great detail.  One other variable that may or
may not be worth considering is what CA-1 does with the tape after it is
returned by ADSM and expired.  In our shop, we have a CA-1 exit coded as you
suggest.  Somewhere in this mix, we have a delay for actual reuse by CA-1 set
to 3 days.  I believe, but am not certain, that this is established in a CA-1
parmlib (I'm not a TMS guru, hardly even a novice).  The effect of this is
that even after a tape shows an expiration date (when ADSM returned the tape),
it is not actually used for a scratch mount until the 3 day grace period has
expired.

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT itthartford DOT com