ADSM-L

Re: Mounting VMTAPE Managed Tapes For ADSM's Use

1996-05-14 14:00:27
Subject: Re: Mounting VMTAPE Managed Tapes For ADSM's Use
From: Bruce Braase <braase AT CELSVR.STORTEK DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 14 May 1996 11:00:27 -0700
Mark A. Stevens wrote:

> [...]
> Trace Off
> Address Command
>
> /* ---------------------------------------- */
> /* Get parameter list.                      */
> /* ---------------------------------------- */
> Arg serverName mountWait requestNum devType volName ,
>     serverVaddr mountMode format stgPoolName .
>
>   myVaddr = 181
>   rc = 0
>   /* ---------------------------------------- */
>   /* Setup mount options.                     */
>   /* ---------------------------------------- */
>   If devType = 'CARTRIDGE' Then Do
>      den = '18TR'
>      If mountMode = 'R/W' Then
>         ring = 'WRITE'
>      Else
>         ring = 'READ'
>      End
>   Else Do
>      den = 'DEN 6250'
>      If mountMode = 'R/W' Then
>         ring = 'RING'
>      Else
>         ring = 'NORING'
>      End
>
>   /* ---------------------------------------- */
>   /* Issue appropriate command to give the    */
>   /* server the drive at the correct address. */
>   /* ---------------------------------------- */
>   'VMTAPE MOUNT' volName myVaddr '(WAIT LABEL SL' ring den
>
>   /* ---------------------------------------- */
>   /* Cancel mount if return code not zero.    */
>   /* (Logging off will cancel the mount.)     */
>   /* ---------------------------------------- */
>   If rc ,= 0 Then Do
>     'CP MSG OPERATOR VMTAPE MOUNT' VOLNAME MYVADDR '(WAIT LABEL SL',
>      ring den 'FAILED ON ADSM MOUNT MACHINE'
>     'CP LOGOFF'
>     End
>
>   /* ---------------------------------------- */
>   /* Find the real address of the tape drive. */
>   /* ---------------------------------------- */
>   'EXECIO 1 CP ( LIFO STRING QUERY VIRTUAL' myVaddr
>   If rc ,= 0 Then Do
>     'CP MSG OPERATOR ERROR FINDING REAL ADDRESS ON TAPE MOUNT MACHINE'
>     'CP LOGOFF'
>     End
>   Pull . . . . raddr .
>
>   'CP DETACH' raddr '* LEAVE'
>   'CP ATTACH' raddr serverName serverVaddr
>
> /* ---------------------------------------- */
> /* Stack a Logoff command and exit.         */
> /* ---------------------------------------- */
> Push 'CP LOGOFF'
> Exit 0
>
> When DSMSERV calls for a tape, DSMTAPE is started, but never generates
> a mount request for an existing tape.  Does anyone have a clue what I
> should read/do to get this fixed?
>
> Mark A. Stevens                           Phone:    708-235-2204
> Systems Programmer                        Internet: xmas AT uxa.ecn.bgu DOT
> edu
> Educational Computing Network             BITNET:   [email protected]
> Board of Governors Universities           VMSHARE:  ECE/MARK
I think your problem might be with the VMTAPE AUTHORIZ statments in VMTAPE
CONFIG. I'm using the default MOUNT
EXIT machine IDs DSMEXIT1-4.
Here is an example of my AUTHORIZ statments:
  AUTHORIZ ALLOCATE MAINT* DSMEXIT*
  AUTHORIZ ANYTAPE  MAINT* DSMEXIT*
  AUTHORIZ ANYUSER  MAINT* DSMEXIT*
  AUTHORIZ BLPUSE   MAINT* DSMEXIT*
  AUTHORIZ MOUNTFOR MAINT* DSMEXIT*
  AUTHORIZ NOMAXRET MAINT* DSMEXIT*
  AUTHORIZ OPERATOR MAINT* DSMEXIT*
  AUTHORIZ OWNEDBY  MAINT* DSMEXIT*
  AUTHORIZ PERMRW   MAINT* DSMEXIT*
  AUTHORIZ REALUNIT MAINT* DSMEXIT*
  AUTHORIZ SAVEFOR  MAINT* DSMEXIT*
  AUTHORIZ TAPELIBR MAINT* DSMEXIT*
Also a copy of my mount EXEC follows:
/* ADSTAR Distributed Storage Manager - Tape Mounting Exit */
Trace o
  Address Command
  adsm_operator=operator
  Arg serverName mountWait requestNum devType volName ,
      serverVaddr mountMode format stgPoolName .
  mount_phrase=mountMode 'MOUNT of 'volName
  mount_rc=0
  if volName='SCRTCH' then
      do
          long_time=time(l)
          dsn_suffix=substr(long_time,1,2)
          dsn_suffix=dsn_suffix||substr(long_time,4,2)
          dsn_suffix=dsn_suffix||substr(long_time,7,2)
          dsn_suffix=dsn_suffix||substr(long_time,10,2)
          VMTAPE Mount volName serverVaddr ,
                 DSN ADSM userid() date(s) dsn_suffix ,
                 '('AnyTape For serverName SaveFor serverName ,
                 Perm XF Ring NoQueue Wait Name RMT_LSM
          mount_rc=rc
          mount_phrase='SCRATCH MOUNT'
          if Mount_rc,=0 then
              call mount_error
          else
              nop
      end
  else
  if mountMode='R/W' then
      do
          VMTAPE Mount volName serverVaddr ,
                 '('AnyTape For serverName SaveFor serverName ,
                 Perm XF Ring NoQueue Wait Name RMT_LSM
          mount_rc=rc
          if mount_rc,=0 then
              call mount_error
          else
              nop
      end
  else
      do
          VMTAPE Mount volName serverVaddr ,
                 '('AnyTape For serverName SaveFor serverName ,
                       NoRing NoQueue Wait Name RMT_LSM
          mount_rc=rc
          if mount_rc,=0 then
              call mount_error
          else
              nop
      end
  Push 'CP LOGOFF'
Exit mount_rc
mount_error:
  cp msg adsm_operator 'An ADSM/VMTAPE 'mount_phrase' FAILED with RC='mount_rc'
return

Hope this helps.
--
Regards,