ADSM-L

Moving server from 3380's to 3390's

1996-04-10 15:30:27
Subject: Moving server from 3380's to 3390's
From: "Peter Hadikin (HDIP9235)" <HDIP9235 AT BCITVM.BCIT.BC DOT CA>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 1996 11:30:27 PST
FROM:  Peter Hadikin (HDIP9235)
       (604) 432-8452

We are currently in the process of upgrading our mainframe from an IBM 9121 to
an IBM 9672 and at the same time all our ADSM server data will be moving from
3380's to 3390/9394's. What is the best way to migrate the server information
and databases. Do I simply do a EXPORT SERVER and a DUMP DB from the 9121 and
them do the appropriate IMPORT and LOAD DB on the 9672? If this is the correct
procedure, has anybody tried it and are there any major things to watch out
for. We are currently running the ADSM server on VM/ESA. The ADSM server is
version 1.2.14. Any information would be most appreciated.

If you want to reply to me directly my e-mail address is phadikin AT bcit.bc
DOT ca

Thanks in advance, Peter.

BC Institute of Technology
Computer Resources