ADSM-L

Re: ADSM 2.1 install corrupts AIX file !

1996-03-07 12:05:37
Subject: Re: ADSM 2.1 install corrupts AIX file !
From: Larry Anta <lanta AT ACS.RYERSON DOT CA>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 1996 12:05:37 -0500
On Thu, 7 Mar 1996, Barry T. Hill wrote:
> Your right, IBM should warn customers to backup the vfs file before
> installation.

We were hit by the same problem here at Ryerson.  The really irritating
part of this mess is that I called the IBM Support Centre and ASKED if
there were any gotchas like this BEFORE I went ahead and installed ADSM.
They didn't tell me about this one.  I guess every customer has to find
out the hard way.  As soon as you can report the *symptom* of a problem
though, IBM can quickly determine that another customer has experienced
it.  But it's too late by then.  :(

/ Larry Anta           |  Ryerson Polytechnic University          \
\ lanta AT acs.ryerson DOT ca |  Toronto, Canada (416) 979-5000 Ext.6817 /