ADSM-L

NetWare v4 and NDS

1996-01-22 20:37:21
Subject: NetWare v4 and NDS
From: Paul Zarnowski <VKM AT CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 1996 20:37:21 EST
According to the ADSM NetWare User's Guide, the default DOMAIN will include
the BINDERY on a NetWare 3.xx system.  However, it doesn't say anything
about including the directory (NDS) on a NetWare 4.xx system.  Does it?
If this question doesn't make any sense, pardon my ignorance - I'm not a
NetWare person.

I assume the strategy for restoring a 4.xx server is to restore the NDS
first, followed by all the files, eg:
  load dsmc restore directory/full
  load dsmc restore -vol sys:
  load dsmc restore -replace=no -subdir=yes sys:/
If anyone knows better, please chime in.
Thanks muchly!

..Paul

Paul Zarnowski                     Phone:   607/255-4757
Cornell Information Technologies   Fax:     607/255-6523
Cornell University                 US Mail: 315 CCC, Ithaca, NY 14853-2601