ADSM-L

Re: V1.2 to V2.1 DB conversion

1995-12-11 15:08:26
Subject: Re: V1.2 to V2.1 DB conversion
From: Bill Colwell <BColwell AT CCLINK.DRAPER DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 1995 20:08:26 GMT
In <bitnet.adsm-l%ADSM-L%95121114344280 AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>, JFH5 AT
psuvm.psu DOT edu (J Holdren) writes:
>Greetings and Holiday salutations to all,
>
>I have just one basic question in relation to the subject line,
>
>How Long will the 'dsmserv upgradedb' take??
>
>We are running a V1.2.7 server on an RS/6000 980 and the database is
>over 5 GB.
>
>Any and all experiences and war stories with such an upgrade are
>welcome.
>
>J Holdren                   (~              Center for Academic Computing
>jfh5 AT psu DOT edu            PENN_)TATE          224A Computer Bldg
>1 (814) 865-2964                            University Park, PA  16802

I converted an MVS v1 server to v2 last september.  The UPGRADEDB took a
miniscule amount of time.  It apparently just adds an indicator mark of some
sort.

However, the subsequent normal start of the server caused an 'audit license'
process to start.  This is very cpu intensive and locks out most other
activity.  You should figure the audit license time into you conversion window.

Bill Colwell
C. S. Draper Lab
Email: BColwell AT draper DOT com
Voice: 617-258-1550