ADSM-L

Re: OS/2 not fully recovered... any clues ?

1995-11-02 07:08:20
Subject: Re: OS/2 not fully recovered... any clues ?
From: Jerry Lawson <JLAWSON AT ITTHARTFORD DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 1995 12:08:20 +0000
Byron -

I'll put in my $.02 worth - I think the problem was with your decision to do an
Archive,
rather than a backup.  I think, based on what I have experienced, that ADSM
will not Archive
(or perhaps not Retireve) an empty directory.

I have restored my hard drive numerous times with a Stand alone version similar
to (but not as
easy to use as) the one Paul Z.  described.  It is indeed a life saver.  In
fact, we use it to
restore Windows clients, since it is self contained, and requires no extra
space on the hard
drive.

Jerry Lawson
ITT Hartford Insurance Group