ADSM-L

ADSM/400 and Netware - Good Option?

1995-06-09 12:54:24
Subject: ADSM/400 and Netware - Good Option?
From: Paul Challinor <PCHALLIN AT BAMA DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 1995 12:54:24 -0400
We're looking for a new backup solution for our Netware servers and would
like to consider ADSM.  However our local IBM reps don't have any expertise
on Netware so bear with me....

My theory is that I can use the AS/400 (and it's 3490 tape unit) to manage
backups and restores to all 4 of my Netware servers.  But I've had problems
getting several specific questions answered....

Can I backup NW 3.11, 3.12 and 4.1 servers?
Do I need either NW-SAA or TCP-IP?  (Our servers and AS/400 are currently
token-ring attached)
Will ADSM provide NDS backups on the 4.1 servers?
What kind of throughput should I expect between a 3.11 server (32mb ram,
8gb disk) and the AS/400?
What kind of tape rotation options are there?
What kind of capacity can I expect to get on a 3490E tape?
Are there better places to ask these kind of questions?

Thanks in advance.  This looks like it could be the perfect answer for us.
If only.....

<<Paul Challinor,  IS Director,        Bama Pie, Ltd.    >>
<<                 918-592-7476,       PCHALLIN AT bama DOT com >>