ADSM-L

Re: restoring from tape

1995-05-17 17:54:28
Subject: Re: restoring from tape
From: Bill Harvey <HARVEY AT WUVMD.WUSTL DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 17 May 1995 15:54:28 CST
On Mon, 15 May 1995 15:44:10 CDT I said:
>                                                 the server rejected
>the tape with the message:
>   ANR5308E Volume on radr is not write protected.

Ok, we figured out that the write-protect sensor on the tapedrive was
faulty.  Setting the knob on the tape to write-protected prevents this
message from being issued.

The problem is that our operators aren't allowed to alter the setting
of that switch on our tapes.  Is there any way to get the server to restore
from a tape withOUT forcing the tape to be write-protected????  This is
a REAL problem for us...  Our operators are simply not allowed to do this...
It effectively makes restores impossible, unless I've missed something...

Does ANYone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance,
Bill