ADSM-L

restoring from tape

1995-05-15 17:44:10
Subject: restoring from tape
From: Bill Harvey <HARVEY AT WUVMD.WUSTL DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 15 May 1995 15:44:10 CST
We just tried to restore a file from our VM server to a Windows
client.  The file had been migrated to a tape stgpool.  The server
requested the tape be mounted, but, when it was, the server rejected
the tape with the message:
   ANR5308E Volume on radr is not write protected.

The tape is a 3480, if that matters.  We tried all combinations of
setting the write-protect switch on the tape and issuing the command:
   UPDATE VOL volser ACCESS=READONLY
all to no apparent effect.  The tape was always rejected with message
ANR5308E.  Could someone explain to me what that message means, and
how to get around this problem so that we can restore our file?

Thanks in advance,
Bill