ADSM-L

Re: More on NetWare restores

1995-04-06 19:56:34
Subject: Re: More on NetWare restores
From: "Hince, Eric" <hince AT MORAINE.CC.IL DOT US>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 1995 17:56:34 CST
     I don't think that I am overstating this but: if your interpretation
     is correct - if a selective backup is necessary to backup the VOLINFO
     and the only way to get it all is with a full volume SELECTIVE backup
     - this is unacceptable! Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't this
     mean that the Incremental backup for a Netware server is useless? The
     incremental backup apparently does NOT backup VOLINFO data, VOLINFO
     data could be changed at any time - therefore VOLINFO data should be
     backed up anytime the client is backed up, thus a Selective backup is
     necessary on a daily basis (or weekly or whatever your normal backup
     cycle period is) in place of the incremental backup we had planned to
     run! Again, PLEASE somebody tell me I am wrong.

     Eric Hince
     Moraine Valley Community College
     hince AT moraine.cc.il DOT us