ADSM-L

AUDIT DB process - how long does it take? (AIX)

1995-01-19 03:09:40
Subject: AUDIT DB process - how long does it take? (AIX)
From: Klaere Cassirer <Klaere.Cassirer AT GMD DOT DE>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 1995 09:09:40 +0100
Our ADSM server crashed some days ago. I succeeded in loading a dump of the
database (2000000 entries) I made the night before. Now I am running an
 audit db process for about 24 hours now. After about 3 hours I got an error
message

 ANR7850I Process 29279 has terminated on signal 11 (Segmentation Violation).
  0x1007B1DC PvrFindActiveDevClass
  0x1009B8E8 ssGetNextVolume
  0x100831F0 MmsTestStgVolume
  0x1022D05C AuditInventory
  0x1022C860 pvrAudit
  0x10207AD0 admAuditServer
  0x10001E30 AuditServer
  0x10000810 main

but the process is still running. Is there anybody having experiences with
audit db? How long does it take? Can I ignore the error message?

What happens to the data I moved after the dump and before the crash?

Thanks in advance

Klaere Cassirer         Forschungszentrum fuer Informationstechnik (GMD), SCAI
                           Schloss Birlinghoven, 53754 Sankt Augustin, Germany
e-mail: cassirer AT gmd DOT de                                phone.: +49 2241
142758
                                                       fax.  :           -2129