ADSM-L

ADSM and AFS

1995-01-19 11:01:34
Subject: ADSM and AFS
From: "R. Alexander" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 1995 11:01:34 EST
ADSMers,

We at RPI use AFS for our campus file system.
It is my understanding that ADSM will backup AFS volumes and
acls.

What is unclear to me from reading ADSM docs is how a user is
identified to ADSM...  The functional need is for joe user to
connect to any(many) multi-user workstation and be able retrieve or store
his files with ADSM... Is this possible and convenient.

Does one run an AFS client on a system that runs the ADSM client.
Can the ADSM client run on the ADSM server system..

We plan to use an R24 w/1GB of memory for both interactive users
and the ADSM server function.  Can you see
any problems with this arrangement?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts?

R.

Richard Alexander                         phone: (518) 276-6785
Mgr, High Performance Computing           fax: (518) 276-2809
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute          Internet: alexar AT rpi DOT edu