ADSM-L

So, how do YOU back up ADSM?

1994-11-28 16:24:32
Subject: So, how do YOU back up ADSM?
From: Paul Goodwin <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 1994 16:24:32 EST
I've been looking over the various options for backing up the ADSM system,
and I'm currently looking at three different possibilities, none of which I'm
completely satisfied with:

   1)  Bring it down for weekly backups
   2)  EXPORT the whole thing (including all files, active and inactive)
   3)  EXPORT just the control information

My problems with these are simple:

   1)  Cuts into availability
   2)  My God...it's full of tapes!
   3)  Gee, I don't have ANY of the service machine control information...

A couple of brief questions:

   Given that I've got the database and three mirrors, how important is it to
back up the ADSM server on a regular basis?  I'd hate to lose all of it to a
lightening strike!

   Have I missed some obvious backup option?

   How do y'all back up your ADSM system?

Paul Goodwin
Georgia Institute of Technology