ADSM-L

Problems reading root file system

1994-11-16 09:19:35
Subject: Problems reading root file system
From: Paul Goodwin <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 1994 09:19:35 EST
OK...I know I've asked a lot of questions lately, but the boss wants
things set up really quick-like.  I'll try not to bother y'all too much
from now on!  And thanks, I really appreciate all the help you've given me.

Now I *do* have one question for today...  :)   When backing up an AIX system,
I get an error reading the "/" filesystem.  I'm running as root, and I can
actually do an "ls" and look at what's there, but DSM gets an error and won't
perform a backup if I include "/".  Has anyone seen this behaviour?  Have
I done something stupid?

Paul