ADSM-L

trace flag for listing files backed up?

1994-11-02 22:19:58
Subject: trace flag for listing files backed up?
From: David Derk <derk AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 1994 19:19:58 PST
>Since upgrading our AIX clients to 1.2.0.3, I notice that the dsmsched.log
>files no longer contain the list of files backed up.  Is there a way to get
>this information, perhaps via a trace flag?  I looked at the client trac
>documentation and did not see anything obvious, except for AUDIT, which
>seems to be intended only for the Macintosh client.

>I'm not complaining that the default was changed to not include the list of
>files backed up.  I think this is probably good.  But I would like to be able
>to get this list as an option.

>Thanks.
>..Paul

Paul,
   I do not know why this changed at the level 3 PTF.  You may
want to check you quiet/verbose options.  The VERBOSE option
will display all files as they are sent to the server.  The
QUIET options is the opposite of VERBOSE and will not display
each file as it is sent to the server.  I believe this effects
the schedule log as well as the output of the schedule client.

   Like most options this can be set in the ADSM client options
file or in the OPTIONS field of the schedule definition which
is defined on the ADSM server.

I hope this helps.
--David Derk--