ADSM-L

Re: Anyone Backing up Oracle to ADSM?

1994-09-28 14:34:10
Subject: Re: Anyone Backing up Oracle to ADSM?
From: Bill Colwell <BColwell AT CCLINK.DRAPER DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 1994 18:34:10 GMT
In <1994Sep27.234243.13703 AT draper DOT com>, gtevis AT vnet.ibm DOT com (Greg
Tevis) writes:
>Who out there in ADSM land are backing up their Oracle databases to an
>ADSM server (either offline backups or online via file)?  How big
>are your Oracle databases?  What have been your experiences?  Are you
>willing to talk with other ADSM customers about your experiences?
>
>I also want to reiterate that there is a new redbook coming out,
>Using ADSM to Backup Up Databases (GG24-4335), which documents
>the ways to backup databases using current ADSM support.

What is the status of the database vendors using the ADSM API to
do the imagecopies under control of the DBM, but having the
output file run directly into ADSM?  What vendors have announced
their intention to do this and when will they deliver and on what
platforms?

>You're welcome to respond either on this list or directly to me at...
>
>Greg Tevis
>gtevis AT vnet.ibm DOT com
>602-799-4077
>
>Thanks...Greg