ADSM-L

Re: Tape twinning (Multiple Bitfile) Support in ADSM

1994-04-06 17:17:37
Subject: Re: Tape twinning (Multiple Bitfile) Support in ADSM
From: Brent Stilley <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 1994 15:17:37 CST
I'm hoping to have two 8mm libraries of the same capacity. I'd like to be
able to define them to ADSM so that data is simultaneously written to them
both, with either identical volume labels, or unique labels with some way
of permanently associating them as twins.

Then I'd like to use two "standalone" 8mm drives to copy/move (with twining)
data out of the 8mm library each week for storage offsite.

I.E. I want two instantaneous copies of each tape onsite. I'll then migrate
(move/migrate/whatever) the really long term stuff to twins that go offsite
once a week (freeing up the space in the library each week).

I believe the instantaneous copy is important for archives, where a user is
likely to delete the data once he confirms that ADSM has it.

Brent Stilley,  Oklahoma State University, 113 Math Sciences, Stillwater, 74078