ADSM-L

Restoring remote Novell Netware 3.11 server

1994-04-06 22:26:45
Subject: Restoring remote Novell Netware 3.11 server
From: Louis Pargas <LPARGAS AT TUCC2.TUCC.TRINITY DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 1994 20:26:45 CST
  We experienced a hard disk failure on a Netware 3.11 server.  The
server, is remotely backed up using another Netware 3.11 server.
And now that we need to restore from the backups, we are facing what
seems an unfortunate situation.

  I was trying to restore a few files from the broken server to a new
destination (a directory residing on a different server) so that I may
review those files.  However, the restore tries to connect to the broken
server and quits.

  Am I doing something wrong?  Should I remove the Domain
statements for the broken server and then restore?

Louis Pargas
Trinity University
San Antonio, Texas