ADSM-L

questions about ADSM & FSF for RS/6000

1994-01-28 08:26:45
Subject: questions about ADSM & FSF for RS/6000
From: Vincent van den Elzen <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 1994 14:26:45 CET
We are currently looking at ADSM and FSF for the RS/6000.
Our first impression of ADSM is, that it seems to be a nice
backup/restore tool. But we want more. We need a tool that
not only backups files, but is capable of migration of data.
IBM offers such a tool called FSF. FSF can migrate files from
a workstation to any NFS mounted filesystem. But the question
then is, how do ADSM and FSF cooperate.
We formulated these questions, sent them to IBM and are now
waiting for their answer.
But of course we are also very interested in views and experiences
from other sites. So if you know more about FSF and/or ADSM that
could help, please let me know.

These are the question we addressed to IBM:

Cooperation between FSF and ADSTAR Distributed Storage manager ?

  Is the ADSTAR backup/archive facility capable to recognize FSF
  migrated files and as a consequence will not recall migrated
  files on the FSF Client filesystem if it is backuped by an
  ADSTAR backup server ?

  What will happen when a  FSF migrated file is archived with
  ADSTAR's archive utility ?

 Vincent van den Elzen          º   SARA Academic Computing Services
 Systems & Networking           º   P.O.Box 94613
 voice (+31)20-5923000          º   1090 GP Amsterdam
 fax   (+31)20-6683167          º   The Netherlands
 email vvdelzen AT sara DOT nl         º