ADSM-L

Re: question to ibm on how ptf service works

1994-01-27 11:12:55
Subject: Re: question to ibm on how ptf service works
From: Nick Laflamme <NLAFLAMM AT VMA.CC.ND DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 1994 11:12:55 EST
Odds are, Steve, that your SES format tape may not load even with the first
SES process fix on.  My VMFREC wouldn't complete; some internal command was
getting an RC 88 that ADSM level 2 isn't familiar with.  They sent me a new
tape last night in hopes that a different set of cosmic rays would
influence whether this works or not, but at the moment I'm continuing my
initial work with ADSM with just the base code.  I *want* to put the
service on, but I'm, shall we say, skeptical?

As for the issue of level-sets: well, yeah, why else are you using SES
if not be sure that you've got the right pre-reqs and co-reqs?  I mean
why have these nice -req tools in SES if everything is just a levelset?

Sigh,
Nick

--
* nlaflamm AT vma.cc.nd DOT edu