nv-l

[NV-L] Can't ping all discovered devices

2011-06-10 09:20:32
Subject: [NV-L] Can't ping all discovered devices
From: Greg Chown <greg.chown AT uk.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 14:20:13 +0100
Hi All,

I've got a problem that I can't get to the bottom of, or find any previous posts that fit the bill...

I'm using Netview 7.1.4 (V7R1 5698).

I've added some IP Ranges to the netmon.seed file and run ovstop/ovstart and a 'netmon -y' (just to be sure).
Netview has discovered a bunch of devices.
I can ping all of these devices from the AIX Command Line, but I can't ping them all from within Netview... :/

I can't work out why some work and some don't.
One thing I have noticed that is consistent is that all Windows devices do not respond to ping inside Netview (as opposed to some AIX devices not responding).

Also, does anyone know where I can get all the documentation for Netview from (if it's still available?)

Many thanks!

Kind Regards,

Greg Chown
Technical Platform - Design Authority (AIX)
VCP MBCS
MoD LITS Project

IBM Global Business Services

United Kingdom