nv-l

RE: [NV-L] Configuration polling

2009-07-03 09:32:44
Subject: RE: [NV-L] Configuration polling
From: "Sperry, Kevin" <Kevin.Sperry AT us.ngrid DOT com>
To: "Tivoli NetView Discussions" <nv-l AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 09:29:53 -0400
Hi Don,

I used 9y and after performing a demand poll or two, I see the next scheduled configuration check is out to 2018.  We have a few APC UPSs that seem to "fall out" of the APC Smartset so I add them to the SNMP configuration as individual specific nodes with the correct community string.

The reason that this is an issue with us is that the UPSs are configured to send out email alerts for various events and when an authentication failure occurs, everyone in the group get's blasted with many emails and usually complains.  I do not have admin control of the UPSs.  We have edited the Smartset, changed versions of the UPS firmware and well we figured we don't need to perform a configuration check so let's stop it. I don't see any value in the check.

Thanks for listening,

Kevin Sperry
IT Analyst, Data Center Monitoring Control
nationalgrid
7437 Henry Clay Blvd. Bldg#3

Liverpool, NY 13088
Phone:  (315) 460-2688 Internal: 829-2688
Kevin.Sperry AT us.ngrid DOT com