nv-l

Re: [NV-L] NetView 7.15 and the Dummy Shell

2009-03-18 12:17:16
Subject: Re: [NV-L] NetView 7.15 and the Dummy Shell
From: John Thomas <johnt AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: Tivoli NetView Discussions <nv-l AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 12:16:54 -0400

The Dummy Shell is a product of Hummingbird Exceed. I have not found any way to eliminate it.

John Thomas
NetView Distributed Level 2 Support

Inactive hide details for James Shanks/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUSJames Shanks/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS

          James Shanks/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
          Sent by: nv-l-bounces AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com

          03/18/2009 10:56 AM
          Please respond to
          Tivoli NetView Discussions <nv-l AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com>

Tivoli NetView Discussions <nv-l AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com>

cc

Subject

Re: [NV-L] NetView 7.15 and the Dummy Shell

I have no idea what you are talking about. I suggest you open a problem to NetView Level 2.

James Shanks
Tivoli Network Availability Management Level Three
Network Availability Management
Tivoli Software, IBM Corp
1-919-224-1642 | T/L 687-1642 | ITN 26871642
Inactive hide details for "Sperry, Kevin" <Kevin.Sperry AT us.ngrid DOT com>"Sperry, Kevin" <Kevin.Sperry AT us.ngrid DOT com>

                  "Sperry, Kevin" <Kevin.Sperry AT us.ngrid DOT com>
                  Sent by: nv-l-bounces AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com

                  03/18/2009 10:22 AM

Please respond to
Tivoli NetView Discussions <nv-l AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com>

"Tivoli NetView Discussions" <nv-l AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com>
cc
Subject

[NV-L] NetView 7.15 and the Dummy Shell

Hello again,

We are running two NetView servers on AIX using ver 7.15 and could not find any documentation on the "dummyShell" dialog box that start when we start an xwindows session.

What is the dummyShell for and can we eliminate it from starting up?

Please advise at your convenience.

Thanks,

Kevin Sperry
IT Analyst, Data Center Monitoring Control

national
grid
7437 Henry Clay Blvd. Bldg#3

Liverpool, NY 13088

Phone: (315) 460-2688 Internal: 829-2688

Kevin.Sperry AT us.ngrid DOT com

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it, are confidential to National Grid and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please reply to this message and let the sender know.

GIF image

GIF image

GIF image

GIF image