nv-l

Re: [NV-L] NetView upgrade from 7.1.4 to 7.1.5

2009-03-16 16:17:25
Subject: Re: [NV-L] NetView upgrade from 7.1.4 to 7.1.5
From: James Shanks <jshanks AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: Tivoli NetView Discussions <nv-l AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 16:17:03 -0400

Technically you should be installing on RHEL 4 according to the NetView Installation Guide for 7.1.5. You can view it here along with all the rest of the NetView 7.1.5 documentation:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v3r1/index.jsp?toc=/com.ibm.itnetview.doc/toc.xml

That said, you might be able to run for awhile if you add following line explicitly in /usr/OV/bin/NVenvironment :

export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.2.5

and restart ALL NetView Daemons (ovstop nvsecd; /etc/init.d/netnmrc

But in my view this would only be a temporary solution since you are not in a supported environment.

James Shanks
Tivoli Network Availability Management Level Three
Network Availability Management
Tivoli Software, IBM Corp
1-919-224-1642 | T/L 687-1642 | ITN 26871642
Inactive hide details for Kaj Kortnum Mogensen <KAMO AT dk.ibm DOT com>Kaj Kortnum Mogensen <KAMO AT dk.ibm DOT com>

          Kaj Kortnum Mogensen <KAMO AT dk.ibm DOT com>
          Sent by: nv-l-bounces AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com

          03/16/2009 04:26 AM
          Please respond to
          Tivoli NetView Discussions <nv-l AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com>

nv-l AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com

cc

Subject

[NV-L] NetView upgrade from 7.1.4 to 7.1.5

Hi

I am trying to upgrade netview-appl on a Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 3 server from netview 7.1.4 with fixpack5 to netview 7.1.5 (base)

Because the installation fails in the configuration-step, when I run the installation (instalnv -k SERVER -u) and get the below message:

NOTE: Starting nvserverd
object manager name: nvserverd
behavior: OVs_WELL_BEHAVED
state: NOT_RUNNING
PID: 8572
last message:
exit status: exited on signal 8

customize: Failure performing ovstart of nvserverd
ERR_0041_171
ERR_0041_171
+ dspmsg -s 5 nv6000.cat 9999 customize: Failing customize with exit code %s\n 2
+ >> /tmp/update.log
customize: Failing customize with exit code 2
+ set +x
ERROR: Customize script for fileset IBMVA-RUN exited with code 2.
ERR_cfgbf_001
nvconfigbf: Failing doing configuration with exit code 2
base: Failure running script or command '/usr/OV/install/tools/nvconfigbf'
ERR_bcfg_210
base: Failing base.config with exit code 2

Is it not possible to run netview 7.1.5 on a Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 3 server or do I need to upgrade Linux ES 3 to Linux ES 4 first ??

Hope you can help answer it.

Thanks

Best regards

Kaj Kortnum Mogensen
AT&T Worldwide Customer Service
Network Support Rep for IBM Accounts
Bytoften 1, DK-8240 Risskov, Denmark
Phone: +45 452-45341 / Fax: +45 7013 4006
NV-L mailing list
NV-L AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com
Unsubscribe:NV-L-leave AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com
http://lists.ca.ibm.com/mailman/listinfo/nv-l (Browser access limited to internal IBM'ers only)

GIF image

GIF image

GIF image