nv-l

Re: [NV-L] Netview 7.1.4 No events in workspace but there in trapd.log

2008-06-09 20:14:43
Subject: Re: [NV-L] Netview 7.1.4 No events in workspace but there in trapd.log
From: Larry Fagan <larrytechie AT yahoo DOT com>
To: Tivoli NetView Discussions <nv-l AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 09:42:54 -0700 (PDT)
I have this problem as well. But it happens to my NetView very rare ... few  times a year.. No idea why? IBM asked me to give trace files when actually this issue happens .. But i couldn't get traces since i can't turn on traces for long and also don't know when this issues pops up again..
I get a popup "corrd daemon is up & running" .. All the daemons will be running.. and trapd.log seems good but no events in display and no events are forwarded to TEC...
So I do ovtop and ovstart and this gets me back in line..
Larry

"Lodge, Mabel" <Mabel.Lodge AT cw DOT com>
Sent by: nv-l-bounces AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com

06/09/2008 11:17 AM
Please respond to
Tivoli NetView Discussions <nv-l AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com>

"Tivoli NetView Discussions" <nv-l AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com>
cc

Subject
RE: [NV-L] Netview 7.1.4 No events in workspace but there in trapd.log

I am also getting the pop up error on my GUI that nvevents server daemon is unable to connect to nvserverd and that I should start nvserverd daemon. But the nvserverd daemon is running when I check with ovstatus. Restarting it also did not help.

I uncommented # NvserverdTraceTecEvents=YES in the tecint.conf but see nothing being written in nvserverd.log.

Also, my /usr/OV/app-defaults/Nvevents is same as the as-shipped version.

Regards,

Mabel Honey Lodge

Mob - +91 99860 26874