nv-l

Re: [NV-L] Application port monitoring

2008-04-09 14:10:32
Subject: Re: [NV-L] Application port monitoring
From: James Shanks <jshanks AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: Tivoli NetView Discussions <nv-l AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 14:10:36 -0400
One of my colleagues who is much more experienced with servmon than I am
suggested I post this response.

First make sure  that the servmon.conf files are same on all servers.
If not copy, servmon.conf from a working server to the production system;
then restart servmon.

You said..
isService_EAI|9089 EAI|EAI|EAI|||*5

Do you mean to say...
isService_EAI|9089 EAI|EAI|EAI|||*|5

(See the vertical bar before the 5?)

Check your servmon file and make sure it is    isService_EAI|9089 EAI|EAI|
EAI|||*|5.
Correct it, if it is error; then restart servmon.

If that still fails, then turn on servmon debug and check servmon.log file
for any errors.
Edit /usr/OV/conf/servmon-log4j.propreties.

Change
log4j.category.com.tivoli.netview.servmon=MIN#com.tivoli.netview.log4j.NvLevel
log4j.category.com.tivoli.netview.servmon=MAX
#com.tivoli.netview.log4j.NvLevel.

Restart servmon.
Then review /usr/OV/log/servmon.log file.

James Shanks
Network Availability Management
Network Management - Development
Tivoli Software, IBM Corp

             "fairoze k"
             <fairoze2002@gmai
             l.com>                                                     To
             Sent by:                  nv-l AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com

             nv-l-bounces@list                                          cc
             s.ca.ibm.com
                                                                   Subject
                                       [NV-L] Application port monitoring
             04/09/2008 06:15
             AM

             Please respond to
              Tivoli NetView
                Discussions
             <nv-l AT lists.ca DOT ib

                  m.com>

Hi List,

I am monitoring port 9089 on 3 servers (Production, DR and Test)

Servmon.conf
isService_EAI|9089 EAI|EAI|EAI|||*5

But I am receiving port down event only from DR and Test.
I am not receiving port down event from Production

Can anyone help me resolve this issue

Thanks and Regards

internal IBM'ers only)