nv-l

[NV-L] Interface Down

2007-12-05 10:28:14
Subject: [NV-L] Interface Down
From: Larry Fagan <larrytechie AT yahoo DOT com>
To: nv-l AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 07:26:20 -0800 (PST)
Hi,
I'm trying to resolve an issue with my Ops Team.
We have NetView 7.1.3. One of the server went down and Interface down alert was generated and was sent to operations about three days back. Operations closed the ticket without resolving. We have bi-directional event flow from TEC to remedy.
My question is, If the event was closed back in TEC, should'nt NetView generate one more interface down alert? or will NetView send down only once and will NOT send Interface down once more for the same Interface?
Please help me.
Thanks,
Bill.