nv-l

[NV-L] Synchonising 2 Netview Databases [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

2007-11-06 18:46:26
Subject: [NV-L] Synchonising 2 Netview Databases [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]
From: "Hart, Matthew MR 2" <Matthew.Hart2 AT defence.gov DOT au>
To: "Tivoli NetView Discussions" <nv-l AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 10:33:04 +1100
Hi all,

We have 2 netview servers where the failover needs to be a mirror of the primary. I've tried keeping them synced by rsyncing the netmon seed files, location.conf etc., but unfourtuntely or network changes too frequently for this to be effective (meaning that usually you have to repeat what you've done on primary server on the failover server).

I've heard of people copying the databases from one server to another, which would solve my problem if I could do this every night. However, it seems as though you cannot simply rsync the /usr/OV/databases directory over because you get a whole bunch of errors. Does anyone know how to do this?

I'm running 7.1.5 sp1 on the two solaris machines. They are on two differnent subnets (which I think is important, according to IIBM support).

Thanks for any help in advance.

-Matt