nv-l

Fw: [NV-L] NetView 7.1.4 - Nvdbformat Question

2007-10-17 23:39:48
Subject: Fw: [NV-L] NetView 7.1.4 - Nvdbformat Question
From: James Shanks <jshanks AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: nv-l AT d25lcore003.mkm.can.ibm DOT com
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 15:07:17 -0400

Perhaps there is a way to use nvdbformat after all. Bill Evans sent me this because he said his posts aren't getting through.

Look at the sample interfaces.format especially these lines:

      GROUPHEADER:<A NAME="${GROUPNAME}">
      GROUPHEADER:<FONT SIZE=4></FONT><B><p>Vendor: ${GROUPNAME} ${NUMMATCH} interfaces</p></B
The NUMMATCH variable accumulates the count for the GROUP you define. I think you would define a group for each previously known prefix and go from there.

Bill Evans

James Shanks
Level 3 Support for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
Network Availability Management
Network Management - Development
Tivoli Software, IBM Corp
---