nv-l

Re: [NV-L] nvserverd -getting stopped-7.1.5

2007-07-27 15:49:11
Subject: Re: [NV-L] nvserverd -getting stopped-7.1.5
From: James Shanks <jshanks AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: Tivoli NetView Discussions <nv-l AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 15:45:44 -0400

All nvserverd does is format the message and give it to the TEC adapter (EEIF) library functions. The code provided by TEC does the sending. Once nvserverd passes a formatted message along to TEC, he is ignorant of what happens to it. If you see it logged in the nvserverd log, and not followed by an error message, then the hand-off to the TEC library went smoothly. If it works for a while and then stops, that is a TEC issue and not a NetView one.

You will need to get a TEC EEIF trace and let TEC support tell you what is happening. NetView has no way of knowing. NetView L2 can help you enlist the aid of TEC support but that is all.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
Network Availability Management
Network Management - Development
Tivoli Software, IBM Corp
Inactive hide details for "Marcelo Zacchi" <mzacchi AT gmail DOT com>"Marcelo Zacchi" <mzacchi AT gmail DOT com>

          "Marcelo Zacchi" <mzacchi AT gmail DOT com>
          Sent by: nv-l-bounces AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com

          07/27/2007 02:55 PM
          Please respond to
          Tivoli NetView Discussions <nv-l AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com>

"Tivoli NetView Discussions" <nv-l AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com>

cc

Subject

Re: [NV-L] nvserverd -getting stopped-7.1.5

James and Praveen,

I am having the exact same problem on my Linux box.
I have disable the state correlation but it didn't work. I have been exchanging traces and logs with the IBM support but, until now, no conclusion has been reached.
The funniest thing is that it appears to 'last' for approximately 12 hours and then it simply stops. The nvserverd.log only brings messages of successful operations, no error messages whatsoever.
I have installed FixPack 1 too, but that did not solve the problem.

I am running NV on a SUSE LINUX Enterprise Server 9 (x86_64), but I have a environment that is just like this one and does not have any problem with nvserverd.

Has anyone been able to solve or workaround this?

Best regards to all,
Marcelo Zacchi
Siemens SIS NOC LATAM