nv-l

Re: [NV-L] TCP Port monitoring for particular hosts

2007-07-06 07:55:32
Subject: Re: [NV-L] TCP Port monitoring for particular hosts
From: "sudha g" <sudha.unix AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Tivoli NetView Discussions" <nv-l AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 17:21:36 +0530
Hi,
Thanks for your valuable inputs.
I think UDP port monitoring is supported only from Netview 7.1.5.

I have created a smartset like
Name:
"Remedy"
"For Remedy Web Application"
Rule:
('IP Address'  = '10.16.32.11')

Then, i have this entry in my servmon.conf file,

isRemedy|8080|Remedy|Remedy Web Server|||Remedy|5

The above configuration will monitor the port 8080 on server 10.16.32.11?

Do we need to restart the server via ovstop ovstart commands after changing the entries in servmon.conf file?

Thanks!
Sudha