nv-l

[NV-L] nvUtil dying

2007-06-18 14:47:58
Subject: [NV-L] nvUtil dying
From: "Kain, Becki \(B.\)" <bkain1 AT ford DOT com>
To: "Tivoli NetView Discussions" <nv-l AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 14:17:00 -0400

What would cause nvUtil to die when all the daemons are up, based on ovstatus?  Is there a limit to how big a list can be , that is returned by nvUtil e?  I'm trying to debug this issue, and a bunch of nvUtil e's are issued for this script, and for unknown reasons, after this script runs, nvUtil L never returns and I have to stop all the daemons and restart them.  The code has not changed, at all, on the Netview servers, but I was thinking that the output of the nvUtil was too big and hitting some limit

Thanks in advance