nv-l

Re: [NV-L] Monitor UDP Ports in Netview 7.1.4

2007-05-30 09:51:28
Subject: Re: [NV-L] Monitor UDP Ports in Netview 7.1.4
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry AT skills-1st.co DOT uk>
To: Tivoli NetView Discussions <nv-l AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 14:42:34 +0100
In theory, you can do anything you want with servmon as you can have it
run your own script but the onus would be on you to write the program to
check a UDP socket.  As James says, by far the better option would be to
move to NetView 7.1.5 where you can simply specify to servmon whether
you want to monitor a UDP or TCP port.  The default is TCP; to specify a
UDP port simply append u to the port number; for example:

isUDPSNMP|161u|UDPSNMP|UDPSNMP|||servmon_test_nodes|5

Cheers,
Jane

sudha g wrote:
> Yup. So we cannot monitor UDP Ports using Netview 7.1.4 right?
>
> On 5/29/07, *James Shanks* <jshanks AT us.ibm DOT com
> <mailto:jshanks AT us.ibm DOT com>> wrote:
>
>     Using servmon? That enhancement was not added until 7.1.5 so far
>     as I know.
>
>     James Shanks
>     Level 3 Support for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
>     Network Availability Management
>     Network Management - Development
>     Tivoli Software, IBM Corp
>     Inactive hide details for "sudha g" <sudha.unix AT gmail DOT com>"sudha
>     g" < sudha.unix AT gmail DOT com <mailto:sudha.unix AT gmail DOT com>>
>

>                             *"sudha g" <sudha.unix AT gmail DOT com
>                             <mailto:sudha.unix AT gmail DOT com>>*
>                             Sent by: nv-l-bounces AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com
>                             <mailto:nv-l-bounces AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com>
>
>                             05/28/2007 06:42 AM
>                             Please respond to
>                             Tivoli NetView Discussions
>                             <nv-l AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com
>                             <mailto:nv-l AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com> >

>     "Tivoli NetView Discussions" < nv-l AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com
>     <mailto:nv-l AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com>>
>
>     cc
>

>     Subject
>
>     [NV-L] Monitor UDP Ports in Netview 7.1.4
>

>     Hi,
>
>     How to monitor *UDP* ports in Netview 7.1.4 on Aix 5.2?
>
>     Thanks & Regards,
>     Sudhakar Gandhi_______________________________________________
>     NV-L mailing list
>     NV-L AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com <mailto:NV-L AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com>
>     Unsubscribe:NV-L-leave AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com
>     <mailto:Unsubscribe:NV-L-leave AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com>
>     http://lists.ca.ibm.com/mailman/listinfo/nv-l (Browser access
>     limited to internal IBM'ers only)

>     limited to internal IBM'ers only)

> internal IBM'ers only)

Skills 1st Limited, 2 Cedar Chase, Taplow, Bucks, SL6 0EU, UK.
Registered in England & Wales, Company No. 3458854.
Tel: +44 (0)1628 782565
Copyright (c) 2007 Jane Curry <jane.curry AT skills-1st.co DOT uk>.  All rights
reserved.