nv-l

[NV-L] Cisco Routers and RFI

2007-02-26 14:52:26
Subject: [NV-L] Cisco Routers and RFI
From: Meyos Yemveng <yemveng AT yahoo DOT ca>
To: nv-l AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 11:28:43 -0800 (PST)
NV 7.1.4 FP4 SOLARIS
Bonjour,

I have a Cisco Router (2600) and a Cisco Content Engine on the same subnet, my
Netview Server is configured on RFI mode (-K1).
here is the layout:

                 Internet ----(Link01)----> Router-2600 ------------------->
Content Engine

|_____> Switch

Q1: When Link01 is Down, is it normal to only get the Router Unreachable Event
for the Content Engine, and not for the Router(2600)??
Q2: How can I make sure that the Router(2600) Unreachable Event is triggered?

Cheers,
Meyos,
"ALLEZ LES LIONS INDOMPTABLES --- WC 2010 - SOUTH-AFRICA"