nv-l

Re: [NV-L] BlackBerry Messaging Agent MIB

2007-02-19 12:30:39
Subject: Re: [NV-L] BlackBerry Messaging Agent MIB
From: James Shanks <jshanks AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: Tivoli NetView Discussions <nv-l AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 12:27:22 -0500

Loaded the MIB? Does it define any traps?

Assuming the MIB defines traps , which you can check by looking for either TRAP-TYPE (SNMPv1) statements or NOTIFICATION-TYPE (SNMPv2) statements, then you must run mib2trap on it to generate an addtrap script, and then run that script to define the traps to trapd. Just loading a MIB does nothing to define a trap to trapd.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
Network Availability Management
Network Management - Development
Tivoli Software, IBM Corp
Inactive hide details for "Catalina Martinez" <Catalina.Martinez AT tlc.state.tx DOT us>"Catalina Martinez" <Catalina.Martinez AT tlc.state.tx DOT us>

          "Catalina Martinez" <Catalina.Martinez AT tlc.state.tx DOT us>
          Sent by: nv-l-bounces AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com

          02/19/2007 11:50 AM
          Please respond to
          Tivoli NetView Discussions <nv-l AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com>

"Tivoli NetView Discussions" <nv-l AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com>

cc

Subject

[NV-L] BlackBerry Messaging Agent MIB

Hello, does any one have the BlackBerry Messaging Agent (1.3.6.1.4.1.3530.5.10)

I loaded Blackberry Server MIB 1.3.6.1.4.1.3530.5 but now am getting unknown traps for the Agent. I also have configured traps for 1.3.6.1.4.1.3530.5

I thought if a trap came in it would get the enterprise id closest to it but this doesn’t seem to be case. This behavior is the same on Netview 7.1.4 FP4 and Netview 7.1.5. I looked for the mib in mibdepot. I also did a google search for 1.3.6.1.4.1.3530.5.10 and can not find anything.

Catalina
AIX 5.2 ML9

GIF image

GIF image