nv-l

Re: [NV-L] NetView 7.1.3 - Truncated Host Names in Control Desk

2006-11-16 16:49:59
Subject: Re: [NV-L] NetView 7.1.3 - Truncated Host Names in Control Desk
From: ss cc <steph_cornish AT yahoo DOT com>
To: Tivoli NetView Discussions <nv-l AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 13:42:17 -0800 (PST)
Thanks James.

James Shanks <jshanks AT us.ibm DOT com> wrote:    No, there is not. The field
lengths are fixed. All you can do is switch to card view and check the HOSTNAME
field on the card.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
Network Availability Management
Network Management - Development
Tivoli Software, IBM Corp
" src="http://us.f527.mail.yahoo.com/ym/Upload?Data=upl164414793"; width=16
border=0>ss cc <steph_cornish AT yahoo DOT com>

                ss cc <steph_cornish AT yahoo DOT com>
Sent by: nv-l-bounces AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com   11/15/2006 07:37 PM
Please respond to
Tivoli NetView Discussions <nv-l AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com>

Tivoli NetView Discussions <nv-l AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com>
  cc

  Subject

[NV-L] NetView 7.1.3 - Truncated Host Names in Control Desk
All,
We're running NetView 7.1.3 on Solaris 2.8. The events in the Control Desk only
display the first 14 characters of a devices host name and thus some devices
have truncated names when displayed in the Control Desk.

Is their an environment variable or setting I can modify to display the entire
host name?

Thanks for your help.

Stephanie

internal IBM'ers only)
internal IBM'ers only)

Sponsored Link

Mortgage rates near 39yr lows. $310,000 Mortgage for $999/mo -  Calculate new
house payment

GIF image