nv-l

[NV-L] Mapping varbind 2 for TEC messes up hostname

2006-11-10 03:04:51
Subject: [NV-L] Mapping varbind 2 for TEC messes up hostname
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry AT skills-1st.co DOT uk>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 08:00:25 +0000
NetView 7.1.5 (yes, I finally got it - thanks James!), on Solaris 10.
TEC 3.9 FP3.

I am forwarding a NetView TRAP that I have created (1101 in the
netview6000 enterprise) to TEC.  It has my own TEC class (ITS_TEC_LA).
The TRAP has 2 varbinds - 1 is a message, 2 is an instance number.

I am mapping $V1 to the msg slot and $V2 to the instance slot in my TEC
class.  Also mapping NVHOSTNAME as $NV_IPADDR.

In both the NetView event log and when arriving at TEC the hostname is
now replaced with my instance number (almost).  So if instance is 2 then
the hostname shows as 0.0.0.2.

Anyone else seen this before I call it in??

Cheers,
Jane

Tel: +44 (0)1628 782565
Copyright (c) 2006 Jane Curry <jane.curry AT skills-1st.co DOT uk>.  All rights
reserved.