nv-l

Re: [NV-L] Re-Discovery

2006-09-25 18:12:48
Subject: Re: [NV-L] Re-Discovery
From: mikemillion2000 AT comcast DOT net
To: Tivoli NetView Discussions <nv-l AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 22:09:38 +0000
Ok, great..

How about the MAPS, SNMP configuration info, etc.

Thanx.

Mikemillion

From: James Shanks <jshanks AT us.ibm DOT com>

I'd do an ovobjprint to a file first so that you can be sure that you find everything you expect to. And ovobjprint -S will give you the total object count before you start.

You can easily accomplish the clear by using serversetup, "Maintain --> Clear Databases". Choose "Clear object /topology/map databases, save customizations" to preserve your smartset definitions else they will be wiped out too.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
Network Availability Management
Network Management - Development
Tivoli Software, IBM Corp
Inactive hide details for mikemillion2000 AT comcast DOT netmikemillion2000 AT comcast DOT net

          mikemillion2000 AT comcast DOT net
          Sent by: nv-l-bounces AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com

          09/25/2006 10:23 AM
          Please respond to
          Tivoli NetView Discussions <nv-l AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com>

Tivoli NetView Discussions <nv-l AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com>

cc

Subject

[NV-L] Re-Discovery

Morning all-

I have a 7.1.3 environment, and I'm looking at performing a re-discovery of all objects to make sure that all of the SNMP agents are functional. What would be the best method to accomplish this? Are there any gotchas I need to be aware of?

Thank you.

Mikemillion
----- Message from "Glen Warn" <Glen.Warn AT pemcocorp DOT com> on Fri, 22 Sep 2006 14:05:12 +0000 -----
"Tivoli NetView Discussions" <nv-l AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com>
Re: [NV-L] ? about automating action on Windows using SNMP Set