nv-l

[NV-L] Copying NetView Databases to Alternate NetView Server

2006-09-25 14:40:50
Subject: [NV-L] Copying NetView Databases to Alternate NetView Server
From: ss cc <steph_cornish AT yahoo DOT com>
To: Tivoli NetView Discussions <nv-l AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 11:30:40 -0700 (PDT)
All,
I'd like to know if datbase files /usr/OV/databases/openview and /usr/OV/databases/snmpCollect can be copied from a NetView server running 7.1.3 to a NetView server running 7.1.4.

Both servers have unique IP addresses and are on the same subnet.

The issue is that the new NetView server has too many devices to Cut-and-Paste on the topology map so I'd like to copy the maps from the old server to the new one so that I don't have to Cut-and-Paste.  The new server does use a seed file and location.conf.  for some devices.

Thanks for your help.

Stephanie