nv-l

RE: [NV-L] Some systems dont get added to the submap.

2006-09-20 09:12:53
Subject: RE: [NV-L] Some systems dont get added to the submap.
From: James Shanks <jshanks AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: Tivoli NetView Discussions <nv-l AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 09:10:15 -0400
I suggest you give up this programming exercise and just group your
particular nodes into a smartset.   Or group them on the map using
location.conf.  Those additions to NetView have made most user programming
pointless.  It's difficult to do correctly and won't give you anything more
than those two will give you, especially on Windows.  You did not mention
what platform this was intended for, but by the style of the code, that's
what I am guessing is your development platform.

I know it's not the answer you wanted but unless you call or e-mail Support
and open a problem, that's may be the best answer  I can give you.    I
have not worked on ovw or ipmap in a very long time.   But I can see that
you are trying to populate this submap by querying the database for object
field values,
 pObjectIdList = OVwDbListObjectsByFieldValue(pFieldValue);
Are you certain that is working?  That's where I'd start putting in debug
statements or tracing printf's if I were you.   If your investigation shows
that the ovwdb utilities are not working correctly, then you can turn that
issue over to Support.

James Shanks
Network Availability Management
Network Management - Development
Tivoli Software, IBM Corp

             "Lakka, Rajesh
             Kumar"
             <Rajesh.Lakka@in.                                          To
             unisys.com>               "Tivoli NetView Discussions"
             Sent by:                  <nv-l AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com>

             nv-l-bounces@list                                          cc
             s.ca.ibm.com
                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: [NV-L] Some systems dont get
             09/20/2006 06:09          added to the submap.
             AM

             Please respond to
              Tivoli NetView
                Discussions
             <nv-l AT lists.ca DOT ib

                  m.com>

Jane,
Sorry I did not mention anything in the subject line of the mail
earlier.
The earlier mail which I sent in html format failed to reach nv-list
because it was 60 KB and I had to switch to plain text format.

In the scenario I am using there will be certain systems with our SNMP
MIB running on them. We need display them on the console using our own
submap representation. The submap is created perfectly but some of its
components fail to add.

The problem is that
1. Some systems are not getting added to the submap. They fail to add
when pObjectIdList->count > 0 is false.
2.I want to know why the condition (pObjectIdList->count > 0) is
becoming false for some systems (ie pObjectIdList->count is 0 instead of
being 1).

Thanks,
Rajesh