nv-l

Re: [NV-L] 7.1.3 to 7.1.4 upgrade or wait for Precision IP

2006-09-19 09:17:44
Subject: Re: [NV-L] 7.1.3 to 7.1.4 upgrade or wait for Precision IP
From: James Shanks <jshanks AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: Tivoli NetView Discussions <nv-l AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 09:12:36 -0400
I agree with Leslie (I'd be a fool not to!).  No point in not going to
7.1.4 and 7.1.5 unless you are planning an immediate Precision IP
migration.

Check out the Release Note for 7.1.4.  There's a summary of the new
features right at the beginning.
Tivoli NetView for UNIX Version 7.1.4 Release Notes
New Features and Enhancements for Version 7.1.4
   Service Discovery and Monitoring  (nvsniffer gets replaced by the
   servmon daemon)
   Revised Tivoli Enterprise Console Integration for Version 7.1.4
   (TEC_ITS_BASE event class replaces Nvserverd_Event)
   Enabling Tivoli Enterprise Console Event Severity  (new TEC rules)
   Escalation for Nodes Monitored by the IBM Tivoli Monitoring Product (new
   TEC rules for use with TEC SCE enhancements)
   Installation Enhancements
   Web Console Support for Metaconnection Submaps
   Exporting SNMP Performance Data to the Tivoli Enterprise™ Data Warehouse
   Discovering z/OS® systems
   Support for Compaq Remote Insight Boards and Routers That Contain
   Network Address Translation Addresses
   Using First Failure Data Capture to Resolve Daemon Problems
   Tivoli NetView for UNIX Library Updates

James Shanks
Network Availability Management
Network Management - Development
Tivoli Software, IBM Corp

             mikemillion2000@c
             omcast.net
             nv-l-bounces@list         Tivoli NetView Discussions
             s.ca.ibm.com              <nv-l AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com>

                                                                        cc

             09/19/2006 08:11                                      Subject
             AM                        [NV-L] 7.1.3 to 7.1.4 upgrade or
                                       wait for Precision IP

             Please respond to
              Tivoli NetView
                Discussions
             <nv-l AT lists.ca DOT ib

                  m.com>

Good morning-

I am currently working on an upgrade from Netview 7.1.3 to 7.1.4.  However,
doing this seems kind of futile with Precision IP on the horizon.   I was
looking for information on features that 7.1.4 would give me over 7.1.3.  I
could not find any in the release notes, so I wanted to ask the list.

Thanx.

Mikemillion

----- Message from Leslie Clark <lclark AT us.ibm DOT com> on Fri, 15 Sep 2006
14:31:33 +0000 -----