nv-l

Re: [NV-L] Motif Map Change

2006-09-14 13:29:10
Subject: Re: [NV-L] Motif Map Change
From: James Shanks <jshanks AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: Tivoli NetView Discussions <nv-l AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 12:56:37 -0400
Are you saying the menu item  is not in /usr/OV/registration/C/ovw?
It is on all UNIX platforms.

Did you per  chance make a backup copy of ovw in  /usr/OV/registration/C
as well as modify the original?  You cannot do that.  All the files in
/usr/OV/registration are read and used to build the menus when ovw is
brought up, no matter what they are named, else the menus would not be
extensible and users could not add new things.  If you want to make a
backup copy of a registration file you must keep it outside of
/usr/OV/registration.  What  some users do is make a complete backup
directory before they start:
      mkdir  /usr/OV/registration.backup
      cp  -r  /usr/OV/registration/*     /usr/OV/registration.backup

James Shanks
Network Availability Management
Network Management - Development
Tivoli Software, IBM Corp

             Paul Stroud
             <[email protected]
             Sent by:                  nv-l AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com

             nv-l-bounces@list                                          cc
             s.ca.ibm.com
                                                                   Subject
                                       [NV-L] Motif Map Change
             09/14/2006 10:56
             AM

             Please respond to
              Tivoli NetView
                Discussions
             <nv-l AT lists.ca DOT ib

                  m.com>

I am resending for someone that cannot send! Thx!

Hi:
This is for netview 7.1.4 on linux. I need to move, for the motif menu,
where the menu pick "edit->delete from all maps" is located.  I thought
it was in ovw but there is no man page and page 98 of the Admin guide
doesn't help either.  I have already changed this on the java web console.
internal IBM'ers only)