nv-l

Re: [NV-L] smconfig core dumps

2006-08-30 13:34:25
Subject: Re: [NV-L] smconfig core dumps
From: James Shanks <jshanks AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: Tivoli NetView Discussions <nv-l AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 13:15:59 -0400
There have been some X11 issues with smconfig lately.
As a workaround, you can, before starting smconfig:

export LIBPATH=

also, I'm told that the smconfig in the MLM CD may work better.

James Shanks
Network Availability Management
Network Management - Development
Tivoli Software, IBM Corp

             "Davis, Donald"
             <donald.davis@fir
             stcitizens.com>                                            To
             Sent by:                  "Tivoli NetView Discussions"
             nv-l-bounces@list         <nv-l AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com>

             s.ca.ibm.com                                               cc

                                                                   Subject
             08/30/2006 01:00          [NV-L] smconfig core dumps
             PM

             Please respond to
              Tivoli NetView
                Discussions
             <nv-l AT lists.ca DOT ib

                  m.com>

I have installed MLM 7.1.4 on NetView AIX 7.1.4
My purpose is trap filtering. NetView is being innundated with SNMP traps
from everything in my environment due to security scans causing
authentication failures, RSH attacks, etc.
I have reconfigured trapd to listen on port 1662 and configured MLM to
listen on port 162 and forward filtered traps to port 1662.  Almost
everytime I launch smconfig from the GUI or the commandline, it core dumps
with a segmentation fault into PD/cores/ovw_binary/root

AIX 5.2 ML06
6 way 750s
6 GB memory
4 GB paging space
Anyone have a quick fix or do I need to call support?
Thanks,
Don Davis

Call 1.888.FC DIRECT (1.888.323.4732) or visit us on the
web at firstcitizens.com today to take advantage of our
great products and services.

This electronic mail and any files transmitted with it are
confidential and are intended solely for the use of
individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are
not the intended recipient or the person responsible for
delivering the electronic mail to the intended recipient,
be advised that you have received this electronic mail in
error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding,
printing, or copying of this electronic mail is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail in
error, please immediately notify the sender by return mail.
internal IBM'ers only)