nv-l

Re: [NV-L] Duplicate windows on NetView GUI

2006-08-30 12:34:55
Subject: Re: [NV-L] Duplicate windows on NetView GUI
From: Paul Stroud <nvladmin AT gmail DOT com>
To: Tivoli NetView Discussions <nv-l AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 12:20:39 -0400
Anvaj,
The menu thing almost sounds like there are multiple registrations
for the menu items or something like that.  I would look closely at the
/usr/OV/registration/C directory to see if there are any files that have
been duplicated. All files in this directory are read regardless of name
or anything else(tar,gz). So Im thinking maybe you have some kind of
corruption in that area. You can always simply move files out of that
directory(then I think you need to relauch the map, but to be honest
Im not sure, Id have to test it myself).

The cut and paste however, is most likely an incorrect operation. Are
you cutting from all submaps? If so, thats most likely your issue, there
are additional submaps with representations of a device, if you cut them
all, you paste them all as well. If you are not using cut from all submaps,
then I would suggest a call to support. If you are using cut from all
submaps, then that is the problem, try just cut from this submap.

Hope that helps,
Paul

Anvaj A B wrote:
NetView 7.1.4 -FP04 on AIX 5.2. I am facing a strange problem with NetView
Native graphical user Interface. When I select options like locate,
Serversetup etc, it opens twice. This happens when I cut & paste a map
symbol- two objects get created on the map when I use the paste. I tried with different x-Windows manager, and tried on the AIX console, but
the problem is same. Request you valuable suggestions to resolve the issue

Best regards,

Anvaj

internal IBM'ers only)