nv-l

Re: [NV-L] Event Browser

2006-08-29 15:22:28
Subject: Re: [NV-L] Event Browser
From: James Shanks <jshanks AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: Tivoli NetView Discussions <nv-l AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 14:31:45 -0400
What you have is not a strange problem but a serious misunderstanding of
how this code works.

You said "standalone" so I am assuming that this is a Windows installation.

The tdwdaemon.properties have nothing whatever to do with what you see in
the Event Browser.  They have to do with how the optional tdwdaemon stores
data into the Tivoli Data Warehouse.   Are you running this daemon?  The
Event Browser is unaware of the tdwdaemon or the data he sends to DB2.  The
Event Browser gets it's data directly from trapd, the Trap daemon, who
writes it to the local NetView database,

The data you see in the Event Browser is from the local event database,
either Jet, the kind you can read outside NetView with MS Access or SQL
Server.  To use SQL Server you would have had to install it before you
installed NetView.  But no matter the underlying database, by default,
trapd stores 5000 events in chronological order in that database, and once
full it purges every 1000.  This is controlled in Server Setup by options
on the Trap Daemon.  What you see in the Event Browser is a subset of what
is stored in that database.   The number of records retrieved and the
refresh rate is controlled by the Options --> Settings pull down in the
Event Browser

James Shanks
Network Availability Management
Network Management - Development
Tivoli Software, IBM Corp

             "SANTA Giovanni"
             <Giovanni.SANTA@g
             lobalvalue.it>                                             To
             Sent by:                  <NV-L AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com>

             nv-l-bounces@list                                          cc
             s.ca.ibm.com
                                                                   Subject
                                       [NV-L] Event Browser
             08/29/2006 12:10
             PM

             Please respond to
              Tivoli NetView
                Discussions
             <nv-l AT lists.ca DOT ib

                  m.com>

Hi all

I have installed an standalone Netview 7.1.4 FP4 and I have a strange
problem: I see on Event Browser ony a current day events but in
tdwdaemon.properties the value is 90!
I have tried with filter but the result is the same.

Another question: I need to remove/add events on database, how I do?
Thanks In  Advance
Kind Regards
Giovanni

internal IBM'ers only)