nv-l

Re: [NV-L] Netview DB Schema

2006-08-24 12:45:11
Subject: Re: [NV-L] Netview DB Schema
From: Gareth Holl <gholl AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: Tivoli NetView Discussions <nv-l AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 12:39:52 -0400

IBM Tivoli NetView, Version 7.1.4

Warehouse Pack, Version 1.2.1
Implementation Guide
for Tivoli Data Warehouse, Version 1.2
Revised August 2005

Guide is included with the NetView ANM WEP (also on the NetView CD, though might be an older version)

If you don't find what you need in there regarding the NETVIEW schema, then you won't find it documented anywhere

"Usman Taokeer" <usman.taokeer AT gmail DOT com>
Sent by: nv-l-bounces AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com

08/24/2006 02:52 AM
Please respond to
Tivoli NetView Discussions

"Tivoli NetView Discussions" <nv-l AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com>
cc
Subject
Re: [NV-L] Netview DB Schema

I am talking about the DB that Netview Creates in DB2 during initial installation, i.e. Tables like Netview.Current_Avail, Netview.Historical.Avail, Netview.Nodes etc.

On 8/24/06, Michael D Schleif <mds AT helices DOT org> wrote:
* James Shanks <jshanks AT us.ibm DOT com> [2006:08:23:14:45:06-0400] scribed:
> If you are talking about the schemas in and for  the Tivoli Data
> Warehouse, I think you need to look at
>
> Enabling an Application for Tivoli Data Warehouse, GC32-0745
>
> at least that's the advice I found in the NetView WEP Implementation
> Guide.
<snip />

Also, note that TDW has been moved into ITM; and that that version
(2.1x) does NOT include support for Netview.

Unfortunately, I went down this path earlier this week; and that is the
"official" word I have received from those in the know ...

--
Best Regards,

mds
mds resource
877.596.8237
-
-
we think we know.  The more I know, the more I know I don't know . . .