nv-l

RE: [NV-L] Switch Analyzer How good is it?

2006-08-19 13:22:22
Subject: RE: [NV-L] Switch Analyzer How good is it?
From: James Shanks <jshanks AT us.ibm DOT com>
To: Tivoli NetView Discussions <nv-l AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 13:17:10 -0400

Actually, that's how it will work anyway.

 I just attended a department meeting this week in which it was announced that Tivoli General Manager, Al Zollar, had approved a plan to preserve every existing customer's investment in NetView, by essentially giving one credit for whatever one had spent on NetView and Switch Analyzer towards the purchase of  Precision IP.   There's no expiration date associated with that offer I was told, so you can stay on NetView or move to Precision whenever you are ready.  But for details of your personal savings, you'd be wise to meet with your IBM marketing rep.

Personally speaking, I'd say that if you don't already have Switch Analyzer, it would be far less effort overall to adopt Precision right away, rather than adopt ITSA now and Precision later.  Some large customers who already have both NetView and ITSA have said that they will be halting any further implementation of Switch Analyzer and start a migration to Precision  as soon as possible.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
Network Availability Management
Network Management - Development
Tivoli Software, IBM Corp

"James Brunke" <jbrunke AT ctsgi DOT com>
Sent by: nv-l-bounces AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com

08/18/2006 11:19 PM
Please respond to
Tivoli NetView Discussions <nv-l AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com>

"'Tivoli NetView Discussions'" <nv-l AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com>
cc
Subject
RE: [NV-L] Switch Analyzer How good is it?

Honest, you really should consider saving your money and put it toward
whatever "up charge" you will need to pay to move from Netview to
Precision...