nv-l

[NV-L] Switch Analyzer How good is it?

2006-08-15 19:48:22
Subject: [NV-L] Switch Analyzer How good is it?
From: Jeff Fitzwater <jfitz AT princeton DOT edu>
To: Tivoli NetView Discussions <nv-l AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 19:41:28 -0400
We are still debating the purchase of Switch Analyzer and it is hard to find out exactly all the functionality it possesses.

We have both CISCO devices for core routers and building distribution, but all the end devices are 3Com; Both of which have substantial numbers. We also do NOT use Spanning Tree past the core routers/switches, due to issues with 3Com and VLANS.

Can anybody tell me their experience with the product, as far as L2 mapping with these vendors and what other cost benefits the product gives you.

It sounds like we may be able to purchase the product for under 80k.

Any info would be helpful.

Thank you.

Jeff Fitzwater
OIT Network Systems