nv-l

RE: [NV-L] Why isn't SWITCH ANALYZER packaged with NV

2006-07-25 07:31:32
Subject: RE: [NV-L] Why isn't SWITCH ANALYZER packaged with NV
From: REIBENSCHUH Alfred <alfred.reibenschuh AT it-austria DOT com>
To: "'Tivoli NetView Discussions'" <nv-l AT lists.ca.ibm DOT com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 13:28:04 +0200

no panic at all.

yet customers have to realize that product support usually
last for 5 years, starting with GA of the major release.

since netview 7.1 was released in 2003 that would mean
product support ends 2008 and even a 7.1.5 release doesn't
change that, UNLESS deceided otherwise by IBM.
(might be the reason that there is no 8.1 release?)

the only other product in that field (as of yet) from IBM
is "Micromuse Netcool/Precision IP" with primary  focus on
telecoms and enterprises.

a "Diet Precision/Netview Lite" for SMB customers has yet
to come forth.

or IBM will "open source" the netview codebase just to
hurt competitors and acquire nagios users :-)

cheers,

--
Alfred Reibenschuh